Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Beige Beauties

Hello Alibi shoppers!! You are definitely going to want to head on over to the blog to check out today's post. Chocolate is good and all, but shoes are carb free!!


Can we please just take a moment and acknowledge the fact that the sun is ACTUALLY out! It's the little glimpse of hope that maybe, just maybe, warm spring weather is on the way. I feel like January is usually a weird transition month as far as fashion goes. Everyone has out all of their spring merchandise, but that doesn't mean they are selling the temperatures to match it. This is where these fabulous booties come in. A good shoe can change the whole look of an outfit if you ask me. Transition is key and these Dolce Vita booties at Alibi Boutique can help take your look from drab to fab!


I think Victoria Beckam pretty much summed up my ideas about shoes in one simple statement. I can't concentrate in flats. Booties just bring that extra little something to your outfit. Maybe it's the height or the sophistication factor I'm not exactly sure, but boy do know I look and feel more confident when I'm wearing a pair of booties. Dolce Vita did it again with the Malak. (Does Dolce Vita ever not do it though??) When these beige beauties arrived at Alibi Boutique I couldn't wait to get my hands on a pair. In my mind Malak = Spring go-to shoe. Let me tell you why. Not only is it a peep-toe bootie, the side details are stunning. The knotted side straps and raw stacked heel are probably what won me over. Not to mention the fact that I could see myself wearing these shoes right now and well into fall.


Malak Booties: $118

Now let's talk about the specifics. The Malak bootie is 100% suede and has a 3.5 inch heel. Nowadays I won't wear a bootie if the heel is less than 3 inches. Why? Because I like being (or appearing) tall and I mean you might as well go big with 3+ inches. Now the heel height can sometimes lead people to believe that the higher the heel the more uncomfortable it it. This is SOOO not true with these booties. They are very comfortable. In fact, I have been able to wear them for long periods of times (like 5-6 hours straight)  and at the end of the day all I wanted to do was kiss these shoes because it was such a pleasure wearing them. 

So what do you do now? I encourage you to take the time this week and come and try a pair of these beige beauties on. They can help you transition your wardrobe into spring and can easily be dressed up or down. I will tell you that lots of lovely ladies like yourself have been buying these up because, well just look at them! What's not to love? Give us a call and we can tell you if your size is still available 830-627-1177. Also, make sure you are following us on instagram @alibiboutiquenb We are planning some fabulous giveaways for spring and I want to make sure you are in on all the action :) We will be open until 6PM today.

Are you going MAD for the Malak??

XOXO Alibi