Friday, March 7, 2014

Girl On A Budget

Happy Friday! It is FINALLY spring break...well technically in a few more hours, but you know what I mean :) I'd like to give a big shout out to all the lovely ladies that came out last night for Alibi Boutique's first ever Ladies Night Out. It was a huge success and we will probably be having another one soon so be watching! Today I would like to bring back one of my favorite blog topics. The sun is shining and spring trends are out in full force, but what if you have a limited budget??


I myself love to jump on the good ole trend train. If camo is in you can bet I'm going to have a few camo pieces in my closet, but in order to stay trendy I have to look for items that are within my budget. Most of the time the pieces featured in the magazines are more than I can afford. This just means you have to get creative and do some research. By research I mean you have to stalk all of your favorite online retailers to find the right piece for the right price. Luckily, Alibi Boutique has some great pieces in store right now that are VERY similar to the pieces featured in this month's Marie Claire magazine.


The first item on your spring wish list should be some patterned pants. From what I have seen many designers have gotten quite artsy this spring with lots of abstract prints and watercolor florals. I'm all about some printed denim. (I'm wearing my favorite camo pair right now!) If you flip through Marie Claire you will see these stunning Creatures of Comfort watercolor floral pants. Once you get out your magnifying glass to see the price your heart probably will skip a beat. If you can spend almost $500 on a pair of printed pants more power to you. Realistically speaking most of us can't afford to do that. However, Alibi boutique has a great pair of Big Star jeans that fall right into this trend category. Stretchy, springy and a great price :) These have been soo popular at Alibi I think we are even going to re-order! I would encourage you to come and try these on.


Spring break is when we all break out those denim cutoffs. I feel like they are a staple in any Texas girl's closet. We all have a few pairs, but after a while it is time to invest in some new ones. When Leigh showed me these Paige shorts I thought they were amazing. I loved the wash and the tribal inspired stripe going down the side. Again, when I saw the price I was kind of discouraged. I know when I'm wearing my cutoffs I'm either on my way to the river or spending the day out on the lake. Spending over $200 on a pair of shorts just doesn't make sense to me. For the amount of fabric that it is I should be paying a fraction of the price. It turns out Alibi Boutique has a pair of shorts that are VERY similar and right in my price range. Every girl needs a pair of these Others Follow shorts. The tribal print on the side is adorable and the light wash is very on trend. And for the low price of $54 I think any high school girl or college gal can afford to get a pair of these. We are also planning on re-ordering these because they are quite the staff favorite ;)

Looking for some last minute spring break outfits?? Stop by Alibi Boutique today and get all the latest spring trends at a price that you can afford! Are you IN LOVE with those shorts? Call ahead and we can hold your size 830-627-1177. We will be open until 7PM today and would love to see you :)

Which spring trend is your favorite??

XOXO Alibi